Wednesday, December 30, 2009

PD Entry 20: QUT next to UQ?? I live like an on campus student, Eva?? Puzzle Competition???

10:16am || 15 April 2009

Right I woke up about 10am, so I could easily have kept on sleeping and continue a string of welcoming dreams. Gonna keep this short and sweet. Ok firstly will talk about the UQ bus trip, well after a sporting session, we were on the bus back to UQ, in the bus I saw a good friend, I don't know who she was all I remember was taht she was asian, we were good friends and she had a piercing on the upper lobe of her right ear. Her hair was down straight and jet black. I had walked past her to find a seat without even realising it was her. She was beside some guy. We chatted for a bit and then we stopped at UQ, but for some reason, the bus driver shut all the doors and said that we had to have lunch inside the bus because it was much too stormy and rainy outside, really weird even though he had let some students off just like a few minutes ago. Well it was pouring so we just ate and chatted and caught up. I asked her what her name was she told me in chinese and all I could remember was that it started with a T. Afterwards, it was sunshine and we were allowed to get off. I asked her what she had this afternoon and she said she had a break but then 4-5pm lec. So I just left her but I had her mobile phone with me for some reason, I had no idea why... so I was walking back to my 'home stay at uni' right this is the weird part, we live in like a 2 story cottage village styled mini mansion just behind the uni. So I was going back and when I reached my room, I just left her phone right there on the bed. Then I was playing with a weird sound recorder, I started playing it and heard some lecture sounded like chinese lecture so I assumed it belonged to the same girl. After fiddling for awhile I realised I was totally lost track of what I was supposed to do and where I was supposed to go. So I grabbed the recorder and her mobile and ran around in circles in the top floor of the house. I was trying to be really quite because all around are other students and they just ignored me but some really just was giving me weird looks. I thought I knew them all but apparently not. My room was really small, I think I remember like the walls were even orange and my dressor table with a mirror in front was meant to also be my study desk. Pfft. So I quickly ran back to where the bus was and it wasn't there, so I still had her mobile. OMG I really panicked. Then I realised I was late for class.

Turns out I didn't have class, I had a session, don't know what of. I was walking back trying to find where it was and for some reason I was walking through QUT building grounds and then found myself back on UQ.. The campuses were right next to each other. How weirdo?? I assumed this was where we were meant to all wait, outside the great hall till they let us in. I literally got out my phone and rang Kate. She was at home...can't remember what she said. But I waited like everyone else. Then some girl with a name tag Eva E, walked toward the building, we quickly recognised each other and caught up, Eva is a girl from primary school. Turns out she is one of the volunteers at the event today. Once we were inside they got us all to divide into groups of 3. I couldnt find 3 so Eva came to be and offered help on my threading, yeh how weird, first task was threading with buttons and beads, we were given kit and yeh threading in the lecture theatre. After that was done we had to move around to a different room and it was just as huge and dark, we were asked to build a puzzle and I was partnered with this dude. Our puzzled turned out to be a really dark medieval looking church or castle. Maybe a cross between both. When it was nearly completed the judges were like we have already eliminated and are going to put a few more in the finals. And when they reached us, they put us in the final for presentation. We were watching the performances before us on stage, and guess who I saw... Mark C from primary again! He was water painting over piano notes, but the piano was playing in the background, then he went over the black stripes and made them clear again to reveal a shape of Australia. It was pretty bravo... Then as I was doing this my partner next to me had already finished a really quick scrabble of a drawing with crayons.. I was like why don't' we stick with the original painting. Then he continued to change the puzzle and inserted other weird figures onto it. I was like this is going no where and we are to present any minute. Then my bro woke me up, mandy phoned me up and I had no idea what kind of disaster was in store for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment